£43 - £46 per hour + negotiable Ltd
22 days ago
Our client is seeking contract Software Engineers to work in Glasgow on 6 month+ durations.
Looking for strong software development ability across the full software development lifecycle to undertake Software design and test in real time embedded systems for various projects. These could include application framework development or visual systems for naval applications.
The estimation, analysis, design, implementation, test, debugging and qualification of software systems in a real time, embedded, safety related environment.
PROVEN ABILITY / ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Real-time embedded Software Engineering (Modern C++)
- Knowledge of a range of RTOSs, platforms and of the hardware/software interface
- E.g. ThreadX, FreeRTOS, uC/OS, VxWorks and "bare metal"
- Ability in a range of development environments and build systems
- Understanding of OOD, OOP, SOLID and TDD principles
- Appreciation of the importance of good engineering practice and the pitfalls of not applying them
- Must display a drive to complete work but not shortcut the engineering process
- Must display innovation and a willingness to push this innovation into the software group
- Must display good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Practical use of design patterns
- Practical use of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash)
- Working knowledge of DOORS and requirements management
- Ability in hardware/software interface and debug
- Developing communications protocols (RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Developing to standards in a safety-related environment (DEFSTAN 00-55/00-56, IEC 61508, DO178B or similar)
- Familiarity with Agile development (Scrum in particular) and CI practices
- Testing software to high levels of integrity and coverage, using both static and dynamic testing