We are recruiting for a Software Engineer for a 6 month initial contract.
Our client delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies, the role is in their runtime team.
Based in Cheadle/Stockport in Manchester, some remote working is possible but at minimum 1 day/week on-site can be expected, with more days as needed.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Acoustic processing and runtime software products, using industry standard tools and methods.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Linux OS development (ideally Redhat)
- Proven ability C++ development on large scale /real time systems,
- Full SW lifecycle (reqs, design, code, testing)
- Use of SW build tools, Nexus or Artifactory
- JIRA, task management
- Software requirements management
- Agile working/ development
Desirable / useful to have:
- Python/Perl development
- Doors for requirements
- Understanding Software Architectures
- Signal Processing