Our client is seeking a Software Engineer for a 6 month contract in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focused and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It's a great place to learn about the company's entire product range.
In this role you will be:
- Designing and producing software solutions to test world leading complex products;
- Working with a wide range of teams to deliver test software capability;
- Facilitating the testing of products from early concept to production.
Skills / Proven Ability
- We are looking for self-motivated, adaptable and proficient software engineers with a range of the following attributes:
- Previous software engineering in the development of test solutions is desirable. We will also consider someone with solid software engineering ability and a keen interest in test solutions.
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Using software configuration management tools and techniques.
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553.
- Developing real time software is an advantage
"Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client are a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role."