Duration: 12 months
Rate: £44.69 per hour Umbrella or £38.83 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday allowance)
Software engineer / System engineer required to work in a fast jet Avionics Sub System Team. The role will cover problem investigations as well as the design, code and test of new/updated functionality to an existing design and target architecture. This task will include the use of enhanced methods and tools in developing/testing/maintaining the new and existing software.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Engagement with the UK customer and other key stakeholders in understanding and reviewing requirements
- Development of subsystem requirements using Statemate
- Co-ordination of design solutions and interfaces across multiple LRIs (Line Replaceable Items)
- Development of the Risk Class 1 - 3 Software using Ada/C
- Requirements traceability using DOORS & Statemate
- Unit testing with the use of AdaTEST/Vectorcast
- E-ICD tool for review of ICD (Interface Control Document) baselines
- SW/SW integration testing with the use of MaTE (Model and Test Environment)
- HW/SW integration testing with the use of MaTE TRCF (Test Rig Computing Facility)
- Use of AdaMulti and GPS
- Script development using Perl/DCL/SQL
- Analysis of SPRs (Software Problem Reports) and implementation and testing of fixes as necessary
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- A good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Proven ability of Statemate and Ada, ideally within the Eurofighter Enhanced Process
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
- This role will be office based.