Software Engineer (x2)
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £55.00/hr Deemed Limited / £62.15/hr Umbrella / £46.98/hr PAYE
The Simulation & Modelling division provides a central competence for simulator development that enables successful spacecraft avionics programmes. Our client has a number of existing and new innovative projects that require software engineering skills that will contribute to high quality software solutions and products.
The role is hands on design and development meaning you will apply your technical knowledge and experience to create or design workable prototypes.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Strong C++ design proven ability
- Object oriented analysis & design using UML (or similar)
- Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS or Ubuntu) and POSIX implementation
- A strong working knowledge of Linux OS, TCP, UDP, Ethernet, HTTP
- Desktop application/tool development using a client/server architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine communication protocols
- Strong software development process knowledge
- Best practice design patterns and effective coding practices
- A good knowledge of development domains, frameworks and utilities
- Continual integration and continual deployment
- Java development
- SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN or other data protocols used in space systems
- Linux system setup, administration and associated automation/tools/procedures
Following a familiarisation period on site this role will be working from home then working on site once COVID restrictions are lifted by the client - candidates must be able to work on site full time when required.