£48.00 - £50.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for a Software Engineer for a 6 month initial contract. This role will be Outside IR35.
Our client delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies, the role is in their runtime time.
Based in Cheadle Manchester, some remote working is possible but at least 1 day/week on-site can be expected, with more days as needed.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Acoustic processing and runtime software products, using industry standard tools and methods.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability Java development on large scale /real time systems,
- Full SW lifecycle (reqs, design, code, testing)
- Use of SW build tools, Nexus or Artifactory
- Linux OS development (ideally Redhat)
- JIRA, task management
- Software requirements management
- Agile working/ development
Desirable / useful to have:
- C++, Python/Perl development
- Doors for requirements
- Understanding Software Architectures
- Signal Processing