about 2 months ago
Our client is seeking a contract Software Engineer to be based at their site in Crawley, West Sussex.
The successful candidate will join a team that works in a collaborative and Agile way to design, develop and deliver solutions that allow their customers to manage the complexity of the environments they operate in.
- To be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle as projects develop and new ones come on-line.
- Collaborate across teams, sites, and disciplines to develop and deliver on commitments.
- Devise innovative solutions with a customer focus.
- Contribute as a member of a self-organising team to continuously improve processes and practices.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Thorough understanding of all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong Java development or C++ development
- Proven ability in Software Engineering - in a marine environment or related area.
- Distributed and real time Linux system development
- Understanding of change control and continuous integration tools and principles.
- Familiarity with and advocate for Agile methodologies.
- Interest in emerging trends and technologies in software engineering.
- This role will be based on site in Crawley, West Sussex.
- Due to the nature of the products applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).