£45.00 - £51.00 per hour
14 days ago
Our client delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies. Their systems are developed for a wide range of significant defence projects.
They are seeking Software Engineers for contracts based in South Manchester.
Working within a middleware/runtime team, the key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Acoustic processing and middleware products, using industry standard tools and methods.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability in C++ and Java development on large scale /real time systems
- Runtime/middleware development for Linux OS (ideally Redhat)
- DOORS for Software requirements management
- GIT or ClearCase
- JIRA, task management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of Software configuration control principles
- Agile working
- Understanding Software Architectures
- Signal Processing
- knowledge of software security/encryption and hardening