PAYE hourly rate
about 2 months ago
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of missiles, they are seeking a Software Engineer for a 6 month+ contract.
The role will be part of a small, multi-skilled team, doing complex technical work and experiencing a wide variety of technologies and engineering disciplines. The role will involve hands on work with test equipment and missile hardware.
- This role focuses on design, implementation and support to software items used within the Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) facility. These software items vary between software to control mathematical models with input/output interfaces in real time through to software for performing data analysis and visualisation.
- This role will also provide the opportunity to work 'hands on' with sophisticated test equipment and missile hardware.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Strong proven ability of software development, ideally using C, C++
- Proven ability developing within the Linux environment.
- Good problem solving skills
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to work with varied engineering teams
- Integrating hardware and software.
- Multi-threaded software products.
- Driver level software development.
- Use of Matlab/Simulink
- Understanding of real time computing systems
- Understanding of mathematical modelling concepts
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
Due to the sensitive nature of the product we seek Software Engineers who have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or who are capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).