3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer for a 6 month contract in Newport, South Wales.
The Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by:
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proficient in real-time software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C++.
- Familiar with pertinent design and architectural patterns.
- Object oriented analysis, design and development designed using UML.
- Must have a good understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).