6 months ago
A real-time embedded software engineer is required in support of defensive aids development programmes at our client's site in Luton. The role includes design, development, test and support of current and future programs.
Key Skills / Proven ability
- Expert knowledge of the C++ or ADA software language.
- Expert knowledge of OO design principles.
- Expert capability in debugging in an embedded real-time environment with a COTS RTOS.
- Good knowledge of UML.
- Expert knowledge of a variety of Verification & Validation techniques, and the value of each.
- Good knowledge of developing software within a mature development process framework.
- Recent demonstrable ability in development using the Ada or C++ language.
- Able to demonstrate ability in all areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to integration and delivery
- Ability/Knowledge of Dimensions, DOORS, Rhapsody, VxWorks, AdaCore GNAT Pro & VectorCAST.
- Defence / EW business domain experience.
- Understanding of development to RTCA/DO-178B.
Key responsibility areas
- Specification, design, coding and testing of complex real-time embedded software in Ada or C++ depending on skill set.
- Production of mission critical quality software, to high integrity levels, company standards and customer requirements.
- Function as part of a team including support, development, peer reviews, etc.
- Maintain schedule adherence with specific focus on cost, quality and delivery to time.
- Reporting of progress, highlighting risks, opportunities and dependencies.
The selected candidate will need:
- a strong Technical focus.
- to integrate and work well within a team / flexible team player.
- to be a good communicator with good interpersonal skills
- to work with minimum of supervision on complex tasks.
- Strong customer interaction.
Due to the nature of the program all applicants must capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.