Up to £45.00 per hour
12 days ago
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Portsmouth, 12 month contract
A contract opportunity to work with a leading Aerospace company in Portsmouth has arisen.
Sitting within a MWS AIT team, the scope of work is to provide functional and operational support for the preparation, execution and test result evaluation.
The Microwave Sounder (MWS) instrument is a 24 channel self-calibrating microwave radiometer, providing the operational microwave humidity sounding capability for the MetOp second generation (SG) meteorological satellites.
The primary objective of MWS is to support regional and global scale Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) by the provision of real time atmospheric temperature and water-vapour sounding data.
- Implementation of test scripts
- Design of synoptics, Telemetry Displays and MMI
- Management of the MWS TMTC Database
- Operation descriptions and manuals
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY:
- Good programming skills (QT and tcl/tk will be a plus)
- Knowledge of EGSE and bench architecture
- Knowledge in electronics and RF would be desirable
- Knowledge of the verification approach
- Good knowledge in UNIX/Linux/Windows usage
- Knowledge of ECSS, MIB and/or PUS standard would be an asset
- Familiarity with SpaceWire and C&C would be an advantage