Katie Robson Hill
11 months ago
Are you looking to join a successful and growing engineering company? Do you have an interest in the Maritime Industry? Morson International are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK (AEUK) in recruiting a number of Software Engineers on a permanent basis.
AEUK is based in Winfrith, Dorset, and has a strong track record of transforming its know-how into innovative maritime products. This benefits not only the UK Royal Navy, but also customers worldwide.
As a Software Engineer, you will support the development of innovative software solutions for AEUK's above-water and underwater systems and products.
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong track record to deliver software development projects
- Good understanding of Open Systems Architectures and Principles
- Experience of Software Engineering Lifecycle processes and tools
- Proven ability to technically lead a team of software engineers
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in a software engineering (or related discipline)
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas, and work across domains and see the bigger picture
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of presentations
- Good written skills particularly technical report writing, ability to communicate with expert and non-expert stakeholders
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems. Alternatively, we will consider other highly regulated industries including aerospace, nuclear, or rail.
- Ideally experienced in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Management Systems, integration of equipment and software
- Unmanned systems
- Command and Control (C2) Systems
- Acoustics / Sonar Processing
Primary software/system skills:
- Java FX/ Java/ Netbeans
- C++ / Visual Studio
- HMI design and development
- UML / Enterprise Architect for system design
- Unit Testing / JUnit / CppUnit
- Configuration management / Subversion / Mantis
- Network protocols
- ISO 9001 and TickITplus standards
Other desirable software skills/experience:
- Software Safety (DEF STAN 00-56 & IEC 61508 or equivalent)
- Requirements management (DOORS experience desirable)