Up to £41.00 per hour
4 months ago
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £41 per hour LTD
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer to develop software functionality using C++ and related technologies for military aircraft, which will be integrated and tested within fast jet test environment.
- Support to Software Requirements Development & Management
- Analysis of Software Requirements
- Software Design using UML (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Coding and Code Reviews using C++
- Software Testing and Reporting
- Software Release Documentation
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the above software lifecycle steps with formal reviews between each and manage the software articles under configuration control tools. The candidate will help the team lead to support any lifecycle reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR and TRR). You will also apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive proven ability within:
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Software Design, Implementation and Functional Test
- Customer / User interactions
- Team Working
- Formal Reviews
- Knowledge and proven ability of developing software using:
- Agile methodology.
- Analysis of Software Requirements (e.g. Object-Oriented Analysis).
- Current software languages (e.g. C, C++ and C#).
- Software Change Management (e.g. System Problem Report).
- Software Work Product Review (e.g. Peer Review).
- Software Lifecycle Reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR and TRR).
- Configuration Management (e.g. Serena Dimensions, or other similar repositories).
- Previous knowledge with military aircraft software development/maintenance
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).