about 1 year ago
An experienced Software Engineer is required for an anticipated period of 12 weeks, and is required to start as soon as possible.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
An experienced Software Engineer in Visual Basic for Excel
You will be using Microsoft Excel to create an application that processes and graphically displays Submarine data.
This is a self-contained project working from minimal design documentation therefore you will be expected to interpret from existing equipment.
You will also be expected to produce documentation including a software development plan, build procedure and software version description document.
Required experience: Visual Basic for Excel applications
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Experience of project management in an engineering environment, in particular able to demonstrate strong scope management skills
- Experience of project management in an engineering analysis environment would be advantageous but not a necessity
- Can demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of driving achievement of milestones and can encourage and challenge the team towards success
- Ideally hold a Project Management Qualification (e.g. APMP, PMI) and have 5 years operational delivery experience
- MS Project 2010 / Primavera P6.2.1 or higher user
- Strong skills with standard MS Office software, particularly Excel.