about 1 year ago
Our client provides a variety of electronic products for military applications including naval sonar and combat management systems, gun fire control systems, electro-optic systems, cameras, data distribution systems and weapon interfacing electronics. In addition they have moved into a Prime Contract Management role providing whole platform solutions.
The successful candidate will support the software teams to develop current and future projects through all phases of the implementation lifecycle (design, programming, unit testing, integration and final verification). Initial assignment will be focussed on, but not constrained to, gun fire control systems and electro-optics systems.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Software development in accordance with company procedures and tools
- Development and documentation of the Software Design, through Software Design and Interface Specifications
- Writing and running Software Test Specifications
- Attending regular project, schedule and risk reviews with the project manager and Team Leader
- Provide project input to project progress reports and meetings, engineering estimates to complete and input to risk identification and mitigation
- Supporting Systems Integration and fault investigation
- Software design using a combination of UML and free format word design document
- Working within an Agile environment contributing to daily scrums and backlog estimating
- Software\Hardware integration and debugging
- Fault analysis and resolution
- Software Design Proving and supporting Acceptance Tests
- Supporting Factory Acceptance Tests
- Supporting Integration Tests
- Supporting System Acceptance Trials
Proven ability / Key skills
- Visual Studio
- Human Computer Interface
- Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), .NET forms
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).