Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, S. W. England, England
£50000 - £60000 per annum
12 days ago
Interested in working on confidential bespoke projects for a global enterprise?
If you are a Senior Software Engineer that has the attributes or experience to lead a group of developers for a global giant, then this is in an opportunity for you.
You will be provided with responsibility to lead 35 developers in the transition of multiple products across the business portfolio. You will need to engage with their client base to deliver bespoke products. This will enable you to work with cutting edge technologies and projects that you never new existed.
You will need to have experience with C or C++ as a minimum as well C#.Net. They need someone who is able to provide examples of leading, mentoring and driving developers through difficult transitions. In addition, you must be enthusiastic and the right attitude to influence a dynamic and bright bunch of developers.
I appreciate that there is not much information on the projects, this is due to the nature of the work. They will need you to undergo DV Clearance. DV Clearance allows you to work with nation states, government, armed forces, emergency services, banks and retail outlets. On top of this you will become more attractive to clients that need you to have DV Clearance.
Technologies being used:
- C / C++ (STL, multi-threaded/real-time)
- C# desktop applications
- Windows OS internals
- Communications protocols
- Design, development, integration, testing and support of security applications
- Other desired skills include:
Software Lead Responsibilities:
- To work on technical projects/operational support tasks for their managers or sponsors independently with minimal guidance. This may involve working alone or as part of a wider project/support team, managing specific tasks.
- Responsible for managing and developing teams or people for specific tasks or projects.
- To draft reports and make recommendations to managers and project sponsors.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects/operational issues as well as support negotiations.
- May involve managing project teams involved in the delivery of specific tasks associated with ICT based business transformation programmes, strategic projects and change initiatives within time, cost and quality parameters.
- To lead the development and implementation and ongoing management of policies and procedures.
- To work with internal, external and third-party suppliers.
- To act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues.
- To produce cost/timescale solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or Business Unit/LoB teams.