Up to £44.00 per hour
5 months ago
Software Development Engineer (x4)
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £44 per hour LTD
The Software Safety & Development Team has contracts to develop the next generation of Mission Systems for use on all future air platforms (Pyramid Reference Architecture). As a result, there are opportunities for sub-contractor support to contribute towards shaping the future architecture of avionic systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing Mission System software and the associated Synthetic Environment applications to allow comprehensive assessment of the system requirements and to prove the system architecture.
Proven Ability / Key skills
- Proven ability of software development processes and source code configuration tools using any of the following:
- C & C++ or Java software development using Eclipse IDE
- Ada (95 and onwards) using the AdaCore development environment
- Software development using and for the Linux operating system.
- Proven ability using source code configuration tools, e.g. Subversion or Git
- Use of UML and associated design tools such as PTC Integrity Modeller (Artisan Studio)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Embedded software development using real-time operating system environments; IMS, LynxOS
- Proven ability of Agile development techniques (Scrum/Kanban, Continuous Integration/Build) and supporting tools (e.g. Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of other software modelling and development tools (e.g. SCADE, Simulink)
- Knowledge of Data Driven Design, Model Based Architectures and Service Driven Software
- Proven ability of airborne software standards (e.g. DO-178C)
- Good maths skills
- Willingness to tackle difficult problems with a steep learning curve
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and solve complex technical problems
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to software and non-software engineers
- Quick learner & self-starter
- Participate in continuous process improvement
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).