£350.00 - £400.00 per day
about 2 months ago
Remote working - Software Development Engineer - C programming - Linux - Scripting in Python or Bash - Jira, git or Gitlab.
My client, an industry leading global organisation is looking for a number of Software Development Engineers to be home based for an initial 5 month contract. Key skills and experience include the following:
* Experience in software design and development, using the C programming language, ideally on embedded systems
* Experience developing and debugging in a Linux environment
* Strong scripting skills, e.g. bash, Python
* Experience in building and debugging software for embedded systems development, with demonstrable experience of shell scripting, debugging tools, e.g. gdb.
* Use of code revision, issue tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g. git, Jira, Gitlab
* Understanding of the hardware and software constraints related to developing home gateways or similar consumer electronic systems
* Experience of working with Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban
* Experience of building products using OpenWRT or similar
* Experience in Linux kernel and driver development is preferred.
* Collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving
* Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Driven Development
* Understanding of drivers behind automated test strategies