£45.00 - £51.00 per hour + negotiable hourly rate
about 1 month ago
The role is to use pre-existing software modules and develop a new application with a user-friendly Graphical User Interface.
This will involve writing software components communicating with low-level hardware drivers, adding or enhancing application code to meet specific requirements with support of existing software elements and then integrating into a single application. Additionally, unit, integration and system-level testing to verify requirements will be needed.
Software is developed in C++ for deployment on a Windows platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Comprehension of UML models, preferably experience of modelling, ideally using IBM Rhapsody
- Create C++ modules with unit tests using GoogleTest
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
- Usage of Crucible for code review and SVN for revision control
- Ensure software quality with static analysis tools preferably Klokwork
- Writing and performing tests from DOORS requirements
- Optronic Masts software
- Significant OOD and C++ ability
- Unit testing and code coverage metrics
- Use of static analysis tools
- Design and implantation of GUI applications with Qt desirable
- Ability with 1553 Bus Communication desirable
Due to the nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).