Up to £43.00 per hour
11 months ago
Location: Yeovil Duration: 6 Months Pay Rate: £43.00 per hour (Ltd)
A vacancy exists within a multinational defence, security, and aerospace company for a Software Developer to work on a new version of its Mission Planning product for the fast jet market. The role holder will be required to work in Agile sprint teams of approximately 8, executing tasks including requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of the Mission Planning product and its platform specific instantiations.
- Completion of software tasks to project processes and software development, within schedule and cost.
- Testing of functionality.
- Accurate reporting progress and providing feedback to stakeholders.
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities.
- Production of appropriate technical documentation.
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others' work products.
- Configuration of all artefacts.
- Generation and management of requirements.
- Design, Code and Test of technical solutions.
- You may also be required to resolve internal and customer reported issues.
- As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- Understanding of:
- The full software development lifecycle, from requirements capture & design through to requirements tracing and delivery.
- Software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing).
- Development Tools:
- UML design tools, code IDEs etc.
- Desktop-based application programming (Java/C#/C++ with Eclipse RCP).
- Object-oriented design/development including UML.
- Windows target environments.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).