Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
We are partnered with ADB SAFEGATE who provide integrated solutions that raise efficiency, improve safety, boost environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines.
ADB Safegate is on the lookout for a Software Developer to work on a platform at the very forefront of Machine Learning/Data Science to help build automated processes that will make accurate and better decisions across Airport systems.
This is the next level of best-practice software development using continuous deployment and working with leading-edge technologies such as AWS Lambda, Node.JS, containerisation such as Docker/Kubernetes/Fargate, Python, Tensorflow and many more.
Free Thinking Fridays: ADB SAFEGATE commits to the development of the software team by having a day every week set aside for you to work on what is important to you. This could be personal development - upskilling yourself, tinkering with your own ideas to further improve a product, collaborating with a colleague on something that you both believe in or anything else that you feel could be of value to the company. They don't pay lip service to this - Sprints last for 2 weeks, each week having 4 days + 1 free-thinking Friday, to ensure that the time is available for you.
ADB Safegate is a forward-thinking organisation that genuinely invests in training and development of their employees which is shown by the longevity of their current developers and low turnover of staff. They have employees that have started at Graduates and have made it to the very top of ADB Safegate… and I mean very top!
As a Software Developer, you need to be highly intelligent, willing to learn, embrace challenges and behave in a manner that is trusted. They are looking for someone who has exposure to Continuous Deployment, Node.JS, familiar with a DevOps culture and preferably Cloud AWS experience. Knowledge of Machine Learning and/or Data Science would also be welcome.
The list of technologies/principles that you will be working with:
- Cloud platforms such as AWS serverless
- Writing well-structured unit tests
- Writing well-structured automated tests
- DevOps and security
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Machine Learning models in a production environment
- Microservices principles and best practices
- Message-Oriented Middleware / Service-Oriented Architecture
- Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber / Gherkin
- Free thinking Fridays (every Friday)
- 37 hour week (flexible start and end times; core working hours 09.30 - 15.30 Monday to Friday)
- Flexible working culture, for the odd day working from home
- Developers attend relevant tech events and conferences for personal development
- Funds for training and certifications
- Casual work attire
- Active sports and social club and annual BBQ and Christmas party are key fixtures in our calendar.