£40.00 - £55.00 per annum
5 months ago
A unique overseas opportunity in Eastern Europe has arisen for a contractor to work on a fixed term contract in Software Architecture for a leading defence company.
The purpose of this role is to work for our client as part of the Systems Engineering & Integration team collocated with a range of software related activities.
* Initially focused on software planning. Contributing to the production of development plans, schedules, assisting in the definition of software processes and supporting the definition of resource plans.
* SW Architecture. Leading the definition of the high level SW architecture and the implementation interoperability and commonality needs of the programme.
* SW Integration across IPTs to Ensure SW architecture & HW solutions are compliant to overall architecture to maximise commonality and flexibility across the design
* SW development of SW CSCIs that are developed within the project. Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance The post holder will be expected to demonstrate full life-cycle software development experience and knowledge of safety processes gained in a complex software delivery programme.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team but also be capable of working on an individual basis to support customer specific requirements.
Experience of integration and target hardware testing is required. As a Senior Software Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
1. Production of the project level HW & SW planning documentation suite to the approved standards and flow down to IPTs and suppliers.
2. Development of the overall HW & SW Architecture concepts to ensure that the project commonality and interoperability objectives are satisfied.
3. Apply SW and HW engineering expertise to evaluate air vehicle requirements and platform solution architecture to derive high level HW & SW architecture that is compatible with the functional, performance, safety & security requirements. .
4. Ensure that the HW & SW architecture is consistent with concepts for Safety / Certification, Security / Accreditation, Human Factors
5. Interface with and influence IPTs to flow down HW & SW architecture concepts to ensure compatibility and compliance.
6. Conduct design reviews of the IPT sub-system architectures to ensure compliance to the overall computing systems and SW architecture. Support supplier HW & SW reviews as required by IPTs.
7. Ensure that the overall HW / SW architecture satisfies critical design features including HW/SW performance and flexibility.
8. Ensuring HW and SW processes, tools and methods are compliant with mandatory standards such as certification and accreditation.
9. Interface and influence suppliers, customer and regulators wrt HW and SW Architecture.
10. SW Delivery of TAI developed SW CSCIs from requirements definition, SW design, SW implementation, SW V&V planning and supporting SW life-cycle activities (e.g. SW config)
Key skills and qualifications for this role will ideally include: -
Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering related subject with significant SW content
- At least 8 years' experience in a complex aerospace software development environment with suitable knowledge of full life-cycle software development processes
o Extensive knowledge and experience in SW Requirements and SW Design o Experience in SW Implementation and V&V o Some experience in Safety Critical SW Development
- In depth knowledge of SW architecture concepts and applicability to meet product level objectives in terms of safety, security, performance, flexibility etc.
o Common software computing environment and Open Architectures o Operating Systems & Middleware o Mixed integrity processing architectures
- Working knowledge of HW architectures and suitability for real time, safety critical, security critical and mission performance requirements
o Processor families - Graphics, General Purpose, Signal Processor
o Network & Bus transport mechanisms - Inter & IntraLRI
- Working knowledge of multiple aerospace application domains.
- Working Knowledge of modelling and simulation environments -
Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance.
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary.
Access to car scheme
Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
Medical and emergency dental insurance Immigration and destination services support
Expatriation and Repatriation support