€450.00 - €500.00 per day
4 months ago
Software Application Architect - Valletta, Malta
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Software Application Architect to join their team in Valletta, Malta. This is an initial 6-month contract where my client is paying €500 a day. My client is looking for someone to start at the end of September.
The Software Application Architect will:
* Manage, configure and maintain the clients Information and Analysis Sector applications and services, including Queries, CaseLaw and IDS according to current best practices and corporate strategy.
* Provide technical support in the applications' and the clients roadmap, including Azure Environment and SharePoint Online and O365 presence.
* Design, prototype and develop the applications, according to the prioritised backlog agreed between ICT and business.
* Integrate the applications with other applications, as required.
* Participate in design sessions with project staff as required
* Build business processes to support business applications
* Participate in team reviews of design artefacts and code, make changes as required, and recommend alternative solutions where appropriate
* Design application systems either through new development of systems, enhancement of existing systems, or 3rd party products
* Work with technical and functional teams to ensure effective delivery of systems
* Use software development methodologies and standards as defined by organization to effectively code and deliver systems
* Work with technical teams within group as well as outside group to ensure effective delivery
* Follow established processes for configuration and release management to ensure that all project artefacts are managed, integrated, and versioned according to standards
* Create and maintain SharePoint site collections with multiple sites, unique navigational elements, custom content types and site columns, site pages, web part pages, workflows, retention policies, and governance policies
* Work with staff and key stakeholders to define the high-level solution to be delivered
* Monitor and report on usage as well as perform security audits of the systems
* Implement the final design (i.e. _look-and-feel_) of the User Interface (UI) collaborating with communication staff
* Coordinate technical reviews ensuring that the application UI meets usability, functional, and client's UI guidelines and standards
* Collaborate with governance/oversight group to align with corporate strategy
* Provide training and act as a _point of contact_ for web related questions and requests
* Produce and maintain documentation
The successful Software Application Architect will have:
* Minimum 9 years of IT professional experience
* Minimum 3 years of relevant education (bachelor or equivalent) after secondary school
* Fluency, in English, to at least B2 level according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong background in systems architecture and relevant technologies, including portal technologies, middleware technologies, and J2EE
* Strong skills in Services Design Best Practices, Service Performance Monitoring, Service Performance Tuning, Service Interface Specifications
* Strong Object Oriented skills using open architecture standards as well as best practices, design principles, and techniques with regards to: BPEL, UML, WSDL, JDBC, SQL, XML/XSL, SOAP, WebServices
* Experience in web site support
* Experience in software development in .NET framework
* Experience on information management technologies and platforms especially on SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online
* Experience on Azure
* Experience administering and consuming Office Web Apps
* Microsoft SharePoint certification or equivalent experience
* Experience with SQL server database structures, procedural programming and development of SSIS packages
* Good understanding of SharePoint, PowerShell and SharePoint Management Shell, as well as the different out of the box web parts and their functionality, InfoPath Form Services and SharePoint Designer
* Demonstrated experience translating a final design into a finished SharePoint web presence
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.