£30000 - £42000 per annum
13 days ago
Are you a SOC Analyst looking to work on cutting-edge security projects within Defence and Cyber Security?
For over 50 years this business has been servicing Defence solutions and the intelligence community, providing highly complex IT solutions to a critical industry to the UK and even during this difficult period is predicting further growth across the business and in particular the security division.
We are looking for a Security Operator who will be expected to develop the required skills to become a Security Analyst and will also be expected to cross train on different security technologies. A good knowledge of Information Security principles is a necessity.
The role will involve being responsible for triage, handling and investigation of security incidents alerted to the SNOC via security monitoring or third parties. The Security Operator is, in addition, responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring, and control of the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system.
- Thorough knowledge of information technologies and their functions.
- Understanding of network security methods and tools.
- Understanding of the attack lifecycle.
- Technical experience in a service operations environment
- Qualifications such as CEH, GSEC, Security+ (desirable).
- Experience of LogRhythm (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of SIEM technologies (desirable)
- Pension - doubled up to 10% (5% employee / 10% company)
- 4 X salary life assurance
- A growing business who haven't furloughed one person over the last 5 months
- Training and development via official certifications and reverse mentorship
- Salary offered on skill
- Income protection
- Health insurance
- Bonus structure -10%
- Corporate perks - discounts on various products, cinemas, days out etc…
- 25 Days holiday - option to buy up to an extra 10 days (or sell)
The successful SOC Analyst will have the chance to join a highly successful and collaborative that will be working on long-lasting Defence projects. The successful candidate will be junior or mid-level.
The role would also suit an Armed forces leaver, with the organisation having a long-lasting history helping armed forces transition and posses the Gold Armed Forces covenant.