Crawley, West Sussex
£50.00 - £55.00 per hour
7 months ago
Systems Engineers required to work on a new Naval Communications project. This will involve working on challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the design, build, test and trials phases of cutting-edge communications project.
AT THE COAL FACE - TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare system and subsystem specifications and interface control documentation, against rigorous analysis and decomposition of the customer requirements and change requests.
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the programme.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Seasoned leading a small team of engineers during the design and integration phase of a programme.
- Seasoned in deriving and preparing system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Systems Engineering lifecycle knowledge including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Knowledge of Naval transverse characteristics and qualification activities including the operational environment (temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, EMC, TEMPEST), safety, security, human factors, ILS etc.
- A working level knowledge and understanding of Naval communications systems, equipment and infrastructure including management architectures and operational communications.
- A working level knowledge and understanding of Naval installation, commissioning and trials activities.
- Willingness to travel to both supplier and customer site locations.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEERS ARCHITECT WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)