Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35.00 - £45.00 per hour
3 months ago
Senior/ Principal Temporary Works Engineer
Description of Duties:
* Development of detailed design of required elements of temporary works
* Development of TWs registers and assisting site teams in seeking solutions
* Managing graduate engineers in the development of designs
* Effectively communicating and collaborating with site TWCs and relevant teams to develop ideas
* Innovating and developing new solutions
* Temporary works design and implementation associated with highways, rail and water projects.
* Including but not exclusively_ earthwork stability, retaining structures, formwork, working platforms,scaffolding.
Experience in pile mats and tower crane foundations an advantage.
* Engineering software (CAD - compulsory)* Experience of Network Rail, Highways England standards and works specifications (DMRB,MCHW)
* Category 3 design checking
* RAMS reviews and buildability reviews for TWs
* Value engineering e.g. combining temporary works with permanent works
* Experience in Tower Crane structure required
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering plus Chartership with ICE or IStructE
Good knowledge of CDM and health and safety legislation and competent in exercising the designer's
obligations of CDM as a minimum.