£45.00 - £60.00 per hour
3 months ago
6 - 12 months
To provide significant technical input to the design, implementation and testing, leading to technical ownership of power product solutions.
- Power supply design prowess
- Design of complex analogue and some digital circuits.
- To take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware, and provide leadership and guidance for junior engineers.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Take part in design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions.
- Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items.
- Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols etc.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support to manufacturing answering product queries & resolving technical issues.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team.
- Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices.
- Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Experience of VHDL.
- Significant design ability within industry.
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design
- Ability to estimate engineering effort, create work packages and delegate tasks
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Proven ability in handover and management of designs in production.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Able to support/debug system integration
- Good knowledge of MS Office products
- Good communicator
- Use of Mentor Graphics schematic entry and PCB layout tools.
- C programming language, preferably in embedded applications.
- Support and perform software debugging.
- Design of circuits containing embedded processors and FPGAs.
- Industrial experience with DC and AC power supply design
- Awareness of high speed serial networks.
- A high level appreciation of RF electronics.
- Interfacing to high speed data converters.