Vital Bristol Technology
7 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a Site Supervisor to be based in Exeter.
You will be required to work to successfully deliver the Devon Highways maintenance contract. The role requires a positive working relationship with the client, the contract team, the wider team, the supply chain and all other stakeholders. Specific focus on operational delivery across the depots to ensure all resources are utilised efficiently and effectively to maximise productivity outputs
- Daily control of all on site activities and enforcement of policy and procedure.
- Utilisation of resources to ensure that the gangs remain fully productive with associated challenge and support where necessary
- Manage and supervise schemes on-site to ensure that work is carried out safely, in accordance with the HSEQ standards required
- Efficient organisation and utilisation of labour, materials, equipment and subcontractor resources.
- Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and safe systems of work are in-place and briefed before work is started and that required safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure in-house and subcontractors site personnel are competent and fully trained to undertake their work.
- Work closely with commercial team and designers to manage changes identified on site
- Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information.
- Assist in preparation of health and safety files and post completion reports
- Support the Area Manager to develop construction programmes and methodology utilising existing knowledge & experience
- Assist with Early Contractor Involvement advice and design for buildability considerations including CDM & Traffic Management incorporating TTRO applications and road space bookings.
Working within the Devon Highway maintenance contract at various locations, contracted hours will be 40hrs per week with requirements to travel for meetings.
To ensure you are successful in the role you'll need to be able to demonstrate the following qualities and attributes:
- Committed to caring for people's safety
- Willingness to influence teams to adopt better more efficient ways of delivering works
- Good team worker and strong communicator
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- Customer focussed
- NVQ Highway maintenance/construction
- IOSH/ SMSTS preferable
- CSCS / CPCS
- Driving licence
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience of supervising highway maintenance and improvement works
- Knowledge of works specifications to national standards
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM
- Detailed knowledge of quality and environmental standards for highway improvement work
- Extensive experience of managing and supervising staff, workforce and subcontractors
- Good communication skills
Please note this is a contract position until august 2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly