West End, London
5 months ago
Site Supervisor, Permanent, West End London
To support the Site Manager in managing the Bradwell B site through the development phase of the project ensuring that BRB's day-to-day responsibilities and duties are discharged (including in our role as Principal Contractor for early site investigation and survey works).
Independently responsible for the following work:
1. Support the Site Manager in managing the Bradwell B Site taking day-to-day responsibility for and promoting excellent standards of health, safety, security and environmental management.
2. Coordination and supervision of work to be carried out on the site (including influencing, monitoring, recording and reporting of progress, risks and issues) during the development phase of Bradwell B new nuclear construction project. These works include site investigation and survey, archaeological mitigation and enabling/ site preparation works.
3. Manage site service contractors such as cleaning, waste management and general maintenance.
4. Implement BRB's site management arrangements and the Construction Phase Plan.
5. Promote strong communication and collaboration between suppliers.
6. Build working relationships with local residents, landowners and stakeholders helping to build trust and transparency in the way we manage the site and in our wider reputation as responsible nuclear developer.
7. Work seamlessly with project teams and the wider BRB organisation and functions.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
The post holder must have previous site management/ construction experience across UK infrastructure/ energy sectors - particularly in the early phases of a project - with the confidence and capability to work with limited supervision and the discipline to work within and enforce established processes and systems.
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
1. Significant experience in a supervisory/ site management role on large infrastructure construction projects and ideally in a highly regulated environment.
2. Experienced in construction site management and construction methodologies with understanding of construction best practice across health, safety, security and environmental management.
3. Confidence to challenge poor behaviours and drive the necessary behavioural culture
4. CITB SMSTS and CSCS Black (Managers) Card. IOSH minimum with preference for NEBOSH level qualification.
5. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a related subject.
6. Evidence of continued professional development.
7. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
8. Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.