Hartlepool, County Durham
£20.00 - £21.00 per hour
5 months ago
Te are currently looking for a Site Supervisor for our client based at Hartlepool Power station. This contract will run for 12 months starting March 2020.
* Ensure that all procedures and instructions, relevant to the activities being undertaken as detailed by the Company are known and complied with.
* Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use. Safe access/egress to/from work coupled with the highest standards of housekeeping is equally important.
* Ensure that all employees under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. Particular attention must be paid to non-routine operations. New or transferred employees must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
* Be fully conversant with the Cavendish Nuclear Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
* Actively monitor Cavendish Nuclear and its contractor activities to ensure they do not affect the health and safety of Company employees, other workers, members of the public or risk damage to the environment,
* Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan).
*Talks are delivered at intervals as set out in Operations Group Procedures.
* Refer immediately to line management any problem experienced in the implementation of any health, safety or environmental matters or where any remedial actions cannot be taken to comply with the plan or associated documents and legislation.
Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate.
Promote communications between those under their control and other groups in the location in order to ensure the team is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Record any problems encountered during the works and notify the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer in Charge or Facility/General Manager of the details at the earliest opportunity.
Direct the timely production and maintenance of documentation.
Carry out inspection duties where required and appropriate to their skills/experience/qualifications etc.
Assess the training and development needs of team personnel responsible to the Supervisor and recommend appropriate action to the site Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager.
Record any problems encountered during the works and, in conjunction with relevant parties, ensure the impact on the project is minimised.
Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Candidates will need an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate for this job.