Up to £211 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for an Site Supervisor to be based in Winchester.
- To ensure the effective management of all time, cost and quality aspects of specific projects, managing all of the day-to-day activities on a range of infrastructure related projects.
- To ensure the highest possible Health and safety standards are employed across all projects, adhering to health and safety policy and actively supporting the Injury Free Environment (IFE) culture that is an integral part of the working environment.
- Manage client expectations and ensure excellent communication skills with all project stakeholders
The Scheme Agent reports to our Schemes Manager and will be responsible for the planning and supervision of all in-house and subcontract resource.
- Manage and supervise schemes on-site to ensure that work is carried out safely, on time, to budget and in accordance with the HSEQ standards required by
- Efficient organisation of labour, materials, equipment and subcontractor resources.
- Liaise with other stakeholders as required to deliver schemes (network managers, LA's, community groups, Designers etc)
- Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and safe systems of work are in-place before work is started and that required safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures in-house and subcontractors site personnel are competent and fully trained to undertake their work.
- Fully engaged with commercial teams and takes responsibility for the commercial performance of the project.
- Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information.
- Supports the Scheme Manager to develop construction programmes, phasing plans and method statements.
- Develop relationships and work closely with Key Supply Chain partners.
- Assists with Early Contractor Involvement and build ability considerations including Traffic Management incorporating .
- Participate in Value Management process and Value Engineering reviews as required.
- Compliance with way of working and QSE processes, procedures, reporting and performance requirements
- The role of Scheme Agent is a management position which will require a considerable amount of flexibility around working patterns to ensure client requirements and project constraints are addressed.
- The role is not safety critical but will involve working in a safety critical environment from time to time hence a safety management qualification is essential.
- The role is a site based role with periodic travel to local (Hampshire) meetings or occasionally to head office in Maple Cross.
- Working hours will be the site working hours generally 07.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday, where necessary to fulfil project objectives overtime and extended working hours may be required. Where significant overtime is required we will provide overtime payments in accordance with the agreed IS policy document
- IOSH/ SMSTS
- Ideally Degree Qualified - (not essential)
- Driving licence
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly