£10 - £11 per annum
3 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Business to enable the contractor to efficiently honour their contract through the coordination of interfaces, interrogation of his programme, and the monitoring and reporting of progress for a particular area of responsibility.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Overseeing and monitoring the completion of remaining works and snagging for premises, architectural and MEP activities to allow station rooms to be handed over once complete
* Monitoring the contractor's management of snagging and room handovers including ensuring the assurance records
* Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
* Supporting interfaces between the assigned principle contractor and other adjacent or follow-on Crossrail contracts on site.
* Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
* Completing daily reports keeping the Project Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Supporting the Project Manager in key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers monitoring contractor's activity in community relations and performance against the Commitment Compliance Plan.
* Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
* Interrogating the contractor's Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
* Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
* Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
* Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
* The review and acceptance of Contractor initiated submittals as specified in the CMDL.
* The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Supporting the Business in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
* Supporting the Business in protecting Crossrail's reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents, U&A, and community relations.
* Supporting the Business in managing interfaces with other Crossrail contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Reports to the Project Construction Manager
* Works closely with Project Field Engineer, Business Manager, other Site Managers (if multi-site project), Area HSE representatives, Community Relations representatives
* Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
* Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
5. Person Specification
* Experience and knowledge of managing a large scale snagging exercise on a major project to support completion and handover in an LU or NR environment
* Knowledge and experience of MEP and premises in an LU or NR
* Understanding of LU fire compartmentation issues and standards associated, doors fire stopping and fire compliant materials
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
* Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
* Knowledge of the use of subcontracts knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents