North West England, England
Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension, Private Healthcare
17 days ago
Job Title: Site SHE Manager
Location: Lancashire, Commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Liverpool, Preston, Warrington
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Strong benefits
My Client is looking for a hands-on SHE professional to support turnaround and site culture change. This opportunity gives the successful person chance to develop and own SHE across a large established site. With clear progression into a group role. This business will certainly support and empower to grow within the business.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality will include:
- Devise and implement site SHE strategies in line with the overall business objectives to enable the delivery of a proactive SHE culture across the entire site
- Manage and lead the SHE Advisors to ensure effective performance.
- Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the Health, Safety and Environment management system for the business.
- Design, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets regarding SHE.
- Identification and coordination of SHE training and development for managers, enabling effective management of SHE in every respect and ensuring that key personnel involved in Health & Safety activities are competent to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement of Health & Safety and best environmental practice through the effective engagement of the workforce.
- Ensure all incidents are investigated, recorded and reported, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents. Notification of incidents to enforcement authorities as required.
- Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance/advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities/loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
The successful Site SHE manager will have:
- Diploma level NEBOSH H&S and Environmental qualification or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a senior Health & Safety role working for an organisation with a large number of employees and with vast amounts of different equipment and machines.
- Passionate about SHE and ability to influence at a senior level and champion change/implementation at all levels.
- Strong communication skills both in terms of verbal / presentation skills and written documentation and a team player.
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem-solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decisions.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.