Wolverhampton, West Midlands
17 days ago
Position Purpose & Summary
Briefly explain the general purpose of the position.
To assist the Site Services Coordinator to provide day to day operations of all site services equipment during allocated shift periods.
Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
No duty should have a percentage of less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
* Assist the engineering & operations management teams to ensure safe plant, safe systems of work and a safe working environment is achieved and maintained in compliance to the higher of local, national, European or corporate standards.
* Responsible for site services equipment including:
* Site refrigeration plant, Thermal oil heating systems, Compressed air systems, Steam generating systems, Air handling systems, Water treatment
* Legal compliance and record-keeping for all services - water/air/electricity Utilities Plant specific legislation Legionella (Boiler Operation, LV&HV distribution, Pressure Systems, Emergency Lighting & Fire System etc
* To ensure there is clear & consistent communication & leadership of shift operations, including downtime monitoring & targeting, tasks & resource planning & scheduling, auditing & management of process check sheets, maintaining of food-safe environment, housekeeping & safety standards leadership & auditing, management and control of contractors & suppliers, engineering permits and shift hand-over coordination.
* To ensure the correct use of the Maximo CMMS across the allocated shift, including timely & accurate information input and use of diagnostic tools to review & optimise plant performance.
* Work with the engineering management team and Engineering Co-ordinator to develop and implement a sustainable maintenance best practice regime across the site to maximise plant reliability, efficiency and safety.
* Take an active role as required in small project coordination to include project scope, timetable of works, EH&S planning, budget allocation & control and project implementation.
* Coordinate with site operations to ensure assigned tasks from the Business Plan, Operating Plan, EH&S Plan and Engineering Plan are achieved.
* Work with the engineering management team to monitor relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking data and use to target plant & process improvement and shared best practice.
* In the absence of the Engineering Management Co-ordinator or Senior Engineer take leadership of the allocated shift period and continue operational duties and designated tasks.
Education, Experience, Skills
In bulleted statements, indicate the education, experience and skills for this position. Education includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. Skills include applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position. Also include other specific requirements such as environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. Indicate only the actual MINIMUM REQUIRED qualifications. Other items should be listed in the "preferred qualifications" section.
Recognised Engineering qualifications, relevant experience (mechanical or electrical bias) City & Guilds/17th Edition or equivalent. Experience of engineering working within a team at fast moving production environment, food environment preferred. GCSE / CSE in English & Mathematics, IT/PC literate.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR)
* Food Hygiene and food safety legislation
* Formal Environmental Health & Safety qualifications or experience
* Knowledge of Risk Assessment PUWER
* Maximo CMMS
* Inter-personal Communication capable of working as part of a shift/team
Other relevant information to the position
Examples may include: Career benefits development an individual can gain by serving in this role People Leadership (if applicable) Observable behaviours that encompass the applied knowledge, skills and attributes that distinguish and drive superior performance.
ENVIRONMENT - External Factors
1. Health & Safety Legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR, CDM, HASAWA etc)
2. Food Hygiene and food safety legislation
3. Corporate procedures and best practice
4. Balliol site and contractor codes of practice
5. McDonalds specifications and requirements
6. Customer demands volumes, process and promotions