Wolverhampton, West Midlands
15 days ago
The Site Services Engineer is a key member of the Wolverhampton site team, and the role will be responsible for supporting the Site Services Coordinator to provide day to day operations of all site services equipment during allocated shift periods.
- Assist the engineering & operations management teams to ensure safe plant, safe systems of work and a safe working environment is achieved and maintained in compliance to the higher of local, national, European or corporate standards.
- Responsible for site services equipment including:
- Site refrigeration plant, Thermal oil heating systems, Compressed air systems, Steam generating systems, Air handling systems, Water treatment
- Legal compliance and record keeping for all services - water/air/electricity Utilities Plant specific legislation Legionella (Boiler Operation, LV&HV distribution, Pressure Systems, Emergency Lighting & Fire System etc
- To ensure there is clear & consistent communication & leadership of shift operations, including; downtime monitoring & targeting, tasks & resource planning & scheduling, auditing & management of process check sheets, maintaining of food safe environment, housekeeping & safety standards leadership & auditing, management and control of contractors & suppliers, engineering permits and shift hand-over coordination.
- To ensure correct use of the Maximo CMMS across allocated shift, including timely & accurate information input and use of diagnostic tools to review & optimise plant performance.
- Work with the engineering management team and Engineering Co-ordinator to develop and implement a sustainable maintenance best practice regime across site to maximise plant reliability, efficiency and safety.
- Take active role as required in small project coordination to include project scope, timetable of works, EH&S planning, budget allocation & control and project implementation.
- Coordinate with site operations to ensure assigned tasks from the Business Plan, Operating Plan, EH&S Plan and Engineering Plan are achieved.
- Work with the engineering management team to monitor relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking data and use to target plant & process improvement and shared best practice.
- In the absence of the Engineering Management Co-ordinator or Senior Engineer take leadership of the allocated shift period and continue operational duties and designated tasks.
Recognised Engineering qualifications, Mechanical or Electrical bias will be considered, NVQ Level 3/City & Guilds/17th Edition or equivalent. You will have experience of engineering working within a team at fast moving production environment, ideally within food environment. Experience of working with boilers, refrigeration or steam would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR)
- Food Hygiene and food safety legislation
- Formal Environmental Health & Safety qualifications or experience
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment PUWER
- Maximo CMMS
- Inter-personal Communication capable of working as part of a shift/team
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible and able to show a sound social approach to the company and other employees. You will be able to work as part of a team with the capability to learn several jobs and have problem solving ability, as well as being able to communicate well with other employees. You will be able to work under pressure and apply yourself conscientiously. The position may require on call cover; so, flexibility is a must.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill's recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role, you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Anne Oxton via 0161 707 1516. If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact