€65000.00 - €80000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Title: Site Procurement Specialist
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Salary: €65,000 - 80,000
Purpose of the Job:
- Procurement of goods and services on demand of the project, in particular for local activities and site interfaces.
- Responsible for the total procurement process (prequalification, RFQ, bid comparison, negotiations, award, expediting, close-out).
- Ensure timely supply of all required materials, equipment, spare parts, raw materials and services to operate and maintain the new assets.
- Ensure all framework agreements and contracts are in place for Operations and Maintenance.
- Back-office procurement and facilitate the P2P process.
- Bring best value in TCO to the assets, drive for cost reduction, guarantee supply and optimise working capital.
- Participate in scope definition for equipment, materials and services.
- Challenge demand appropriately and critically review requisitions, specifications and scope.
- Conduct market research and source the market for best opportunities, partners and alternatives which fit for purpose. Identify and recommend new suppliers that can offer commercial and/or technical advantages to mitigate risks.
- Screen and evaluate suppliers based on quality, service, reliability, safety, energy performance and efficiency, production and distribution capabilities, availability, solvency, reputation and history.
- Solicit and follow up bid proposals.
- Analyse quotations, prices and commercial conditions and set-up a commercial bid comparison.
- Coordinate the evaluation process and interfaces with other disciplines.
- Lead negotiations to secure best commercial terms in accordance with the technical specifications and (project) requirements to ensure best value for the assets.
- Benchmark prices and commercial conditions to determine competitive price setting.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Ensure on time deliveries by adequate expediting.
- Develop and execute action plans to optimise stock levels in coordination with technical departments and supply warehouse.
- Ensure on time stock replenishment without any shortage to secure supply and business continuity.
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance.
- Set-up and maintain the preferred vendor list.
- Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal) strategies.
- Lead the contractor qualification process and coordinate HSSE evaluation.
- Negotiate or renegotiate and administer frame agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Resolve complaints and determine corrective actions in case of defective materials or unacceptable performance.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional and local outline agreements which are in place.
- Engineer, bachelor or master's degree in science, business and/or economics;
- Seasoned and experienced technical buyer or contract manager;
- Significant experience in Oil and Gas or (petro)chemical industry.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in technical procurement and contract management;
- Good knowledge of (engineered) equipment, materials and (construction) services in a (petro)chemical production plant;
- Good knowledge of contracting law and legal aspects;
- Relevant market knowledge;
- IT skills: SAP MM, MS Office;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Excellent business and commercial sense;
- Good analytical skills;
- Strong team player;
- Self-starter able to define and prioritise issues and solve problems;
- Flexible, proactive, punctual and integer;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge status quo;
- Willing and flexibility to travel.
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins - 01617-.071-.516