3 months ago
Site Operations Waste Delivery Lead, Permanent , Bridgwater
The Site Operations Waste Delivery Lead reports directly to the Site Operations Service Manager and is responsible for the management and operation of the Waste Management contract. Responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of a singular but substantial support service in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the HPC construction project. The Waste Delivery Lead will provide leadership, technical input, and advice for the nominated waste contractor.
The Waste Delivery Lead will be responsible for analysing statistics on waste data, co-ordinating waste collections with other project contractors, advising project contractors on waste reduction, monitoring health, safety and environment risks, and managing budgets and reviewing all relevant contract documents. The Site Operations Waste Delivery Lead will be responsible for ensuring the integrated waste management contract offers value and efficiency to the HPC project by effective management of the nominated waste management contractor. This will include monitoring, reporting and assessing the performance of the contractor against agreed KPI's but also developing the waste service itself.
The Delivery Lead will
* Manage day to day provision of HPC's waste management service through the appointed contract
* Complete the roll out of the integrated waste management service to all remaining Tier 1 contractors
* Establish operation of the Waste Consolidation Centre
* Drive towards 'zero to landfill' for all onwards waste disposal
* Promote HPC's sustainability ambitions in relation to waste management
* Ensure the highest standards of environmental compliance are maintained in respect to waste
* management and application of BAT (best available techniques)
* Manage and be directly responsible for a specific service contract valued at circa £80m [full project
* Ensure the contract partners team are fully competent to perform their assigned roles - and that any shortfalls are reported to the Service Manager without delay
* Develop and implement plans to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds the expectations and
project work schedule
* Ensure early intervention to avoid any escalation of issues affecting service delivery by working in
the spirit of a 'one team approach'
* Chair Monthly Waste Management meetings with the contractor's waste leads.
* Regular liaison with the Environment Agency.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Recent and relevant In-depth knowledge and experience in a Service Supply environment.
* Project Management experience in a service lead environment.
* Experience of working in a high security environment.
* Must be confident in own abilities and be able to deliver in a dynamic environment.
* Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
* Proven experience within a large project environment.
* Excellent communication skills and able to strike up effective working relationships.
* Must be willing to work with our local supply chain partners in a cooperative way.
* Having competent and general office and IT abilities.
* Being able to clearly explain legislation issues.
* Degree Level or Equivalent Qualification in a related subject
* Experience of working with and developing budgets.
* Recognised and certificated 'Behavioural Safety Programme'.
* Recent IOSH accreditation [or equivalent].
* COTC qualification in non-hazardous waste management
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Managers