about 1 month ago
Site Operations Infrastructure Delivery Lead, Permanent, Bridgwater
This position will be reporting directly to the Site Operations Infrastructure Service Manager and is responsible for the supporting the strategic direction and leadership, of all activities associated with life cycle delivery of the specific area[s] of work assigned to them.
- Lead the provision of critical site support services to a construction workforce of circa 5,600
- Deputise for the Service Manager in the responsibility for budgetary control for contracts with values of up to £250m [full project lifecycle] and accountability for all statutory, regulatory and site controls.
- Manage a range of multi-level stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Providing day to day operational support on all cross functional aspects of electrical & mechanical activities
- Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces with all other elements of the project.
- Ensuring training and mentoring of all direct reports and managing the discipline, safety, effectiveness and competency of the Tier 1 contractor team.
- Develop and execute effective strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan [PEP]
- Anticipate and resolve any issues arising with the contract or package of works, identifying risks and facilitating their resolution
- Support the preparation of monthly reports for each work stream including safety performance, performance against SLAs, performance against KPIs, financial reporting, project forecasting and forward planning
- City & Guilds - mechanical and / or electrical
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the utilities industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Understanding and knowledge of BS7671 (IEE Wiring Regulations).
- Technical experience and an understanding of British standards and regulations.
- Full knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Handover documentation for "as built" drawings and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Electrical and mechanical utilities distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage systems. 11kV/400V substations and distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of confined spaces regulations.
- Proven track record of delivery within a large project environment.
- Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
- Experience of working with and developing similar sized packages of work relating to expected budget of up to £250m.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of positive stakeholder engagement [internally and externally].
- Significant Management Experience on a construction site, other industrial plant or other high hazard industry.
- IOSH Construction Safety Qualification
- Nuclear Construction Site experience
- Nuclear Emergency Management qualification
- NEC3 Contract training
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE2 or APM)
- Experience of working in a high security environment.