about 1 month ago
Site Mechanical Engineer, Contract, Nuclear, Bridgwater
The position would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme. Such projects may include the following:
- Investment planning and business justification for projects
- Production of project programmes
- Site surveying and scope identification
- Requirements capture and optioneering
- Generation of health, safety and quality documentation
- Production of specifications (Functional & Technical)
- Engineering of solutions to given problems
- Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments
- Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies.
- Engineering drawings utilising AutoCAD (previous experience beneficial but not required)
- Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant
- Undertake and supervise mechanical installations
- Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge (eg. RoES, Radiological Protection Supervisor)
- Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment
- Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
- Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility with working hours will be required on occasion to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours working, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
- HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial Demonstrative experience of previous work