South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Our client a leading Energy Company are seeking x 4 Site Managers for roles based in South Lanarkshire.
The position is within the project delivery arm of the clients business reporting directly to the Construction Manager working for the clients Energy Networks. The department is responsible for the construction of, new build, replacement, refurbishment, or other associated major transmission projects you will be one part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for delivering the project but the primary on site representative.
* On site ownership providing technical support, advice, primarily in relation electrical aspects of the construction stage for transmission projects, this will include knowledge and experience in structure and main plant installation for example, PI, CVT, SA, ES, Pantographs, & Disconnector's. In addition experience in cable installation, glanding and terminating, protection & control systems, and telecoms, earthing, mechanical & electrical interlocking, mechanical and electrical testing.
* Responsibility to proactively monitor and manage contractor's programmes in line with the overall project programme.
* Responsible for safe implementation of the role of the Principal Contractor in line with CDM 2015 for clients Energy Networks. Site Manager is responsible for co-ordinating all on site activities & review of all pre-task planning.
* Ensure compliance with all site environmental legislation, & monitor all agreed mitigation.
* Ensure compliance with all quality standards and specifications with a particular focus on monitoring of the works using the contractor's inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment.
* Minimise variations, keep accurate daily records & reports.
* Ability to proactively liaise & interface with the clients transmission operational staff Protection Engineers and SAP understand & implement safety from the system.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Significant experience in managing transmission construction projects.
* Ability to understand electrical design drawings, circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams and including all inspection and testing.
* Contract management including variations and claims.
* Awareness of FIDIC, NEC, conditions of contract.
* Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
* PC knowledge of Microsoft applications.
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of electrical substations.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors environment
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* Essential significant experience in managing construction projects in the power sector.
* Essential must have experience as a manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors.
* Preferred BEng in Electrical Power Engineering or Significant on site experience (5 years minimum), in managing construction projects in the power sector.
* Energy Networks authorisations up to 400kV.
* Proficient with IT & software packages, Microsoft office etc.
* Current five days SMSTS
* First Aid is essential