£250.00 - £320.00 per day
9 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking various Site Managers for on-going contract roles based in Scotland, Lothian and Borders, Strathclyde, Dumfries and Galloway, Fife, Central belt etc.
The positions are within the project delivery arm of the SPT business reporting directly to the SPT Unit Manager working for SP Energy Networks. The department is responsible for the construction of, new build, replacement, refurbishment, or other associated major transmission projects you will be one part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for delivering the project leading the construction phase.
* Responsible for project technical input for planning & development stages including supporting the build-up of all pre-construction information.
* Provide technical expertise to project delivery strategy, project programme, and support & assist the principal designer to coordinate the design stages.
* Assist with the delivery strategy & preparation of contract bid packages of work.
* Lead the technical analysis for each contract & proactively resolve technical queries this includes leading the technical evaluation of each bid to meet key milestone dates for award and site start.
* Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
* Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Quantity Surveyor's, Engineers, Safety, Environmental and Quality advisors.
* Responsibility to proactively plan and monitor project and contractor's programmes to meet agreed key dates or milestones.
* Experienced in site environmental legislation, waste, and mitigation.
* In depth knowledge of all quality standards and specifications with a particular focus on planning & monitoring of the works using the contractor's inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment.
* Support & Coordinate project development design, planning, estates, & wayleaves & procurement stages to support contractor access requirements.
* Minimise variations, keep accurate daily records & reports.
* Ability to proactively liaise & interface with SPEN transmission operational staff Protection Engineers and SAP understand & implement safety from the system support commissioning stages and provide technical assistance during commissioning panel meetings.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Significant experience in managing transmission construction projects
* The candidates should have experience in planning and management of both HV & EHV Underground Cable Installations this should include civil duct installation and HV cable installation, horizontal directional drillings, joint bays, jointing works, Outdoor Sealing Ends and terminations, Fibre Optic connections including connections and testing at predominantly 33KV voltage levels and above. The candidates should have significant experience in planning and management of transmission overhead line works including new build construction 132/275/400kV construction (wood pole and towers) / accesses / foundation installation and remediation works / re-insulation / re-spacering / re-conductoring / tower painting / catenary support systems / condition assessment and enabling works packages.
* It is integral that the individual has experience working on the public road network working within the confines of the New Roads and Street Works act and is familiar with council road opening and closing notices and specific traffic management requirements.
* Strong leadership & planning skills.
* Experienced in the management of NEC Option B conditions of contract.
* Contract management including variations and claims.
* Ability to implement and monitor quality assurance and environmental processes.
* Candidate should have significant experience in all current Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and understand:
o CDM regulations.
o Temporary works.
o New Roads and Street Works Act.
o SEPA regulations.
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of HV & EHV Underground Cable installation and test. Fibre Optic installations and joints.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractor's environment.
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* Essential must have as a minimum five years' experience as a site manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors in the power sector on EHV or HV Cable type projects.
* Preferred BEng in Electrical Power Engineering or Significant on site experience (5 years minimum), in managing construction projects in the power sector.
* SP Energy Networks authorisations up to 400Kv WI/1 & EN2.
* Excellent IT skills.
* NRSWA Supervisor- Valid and in date
* Full clean driving licence
* Current five days SMSTS or equivalent.
* First Aid is essential