Greater Manchester, England
£300 - £350 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Our rail client has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join their Civils Asset Management Team in the North West.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large organisation who have a large work bank moving into CP6.
* Site Manager on Civil Asset Management on LNW working for NWR Works Delivery
* Predominately based in Wigan based office with Site visits required etc.
* Managing plant, materials & labour for a number of civils schemes with values ranging from £50k to £500k in the north west
* Liaising with client, subcontractors and local authorities to ensure all necessary permissions and agreements are in place prior to site mobilisation
* Generally be working Monday to Friday days with Saturday night work available also
* Ensure works are completed safely and to the required standard
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department
* Produce Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans (Method Statements) and Task Briefings in line with Murphy procedures
* Ensure that workplaces under their control have effective systems, arrangements and supervision for providing a safe work place and suitable welfare facilities.
* Project professional image of self and the company.
* Set personal example and promote best practise in safety, quality and environment.
* Liaise with the commercial department to accurately forecast and record costs and value
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Communicate with rest of site team including engineers, quantity surveyors, document control etc. to ensure works are fully understood.
* Participate in, and positively promote the business culture (leading to Zero Harm).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Proven experience of working on Network Rail projects
* Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
* An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking construction works.
* Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running construction works.
If you are looking for a new opportunity please send your CV