Up to £240 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
8 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a Site Manager to be based in Newport.
Lead the operational site team to coordinate the safe management of all operational activities on major projects ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are met.
- Deliver the projects:
- Be responsible for ensuring constructability throughout the life of a project including
- Ensure the coordination of and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients' team.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
- To work closely with the Commercial Teams to manage budgets and be responsible for site expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall out turn cost for the project.
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
Health & Safety
- To undertake on site risk assessments and general site safety audits.
- Provide the Project Managers with progress reports, HSQE performance and support at meetings
- To organise Skanska operatives/supply chain ensuring their compliance with safety and quality procedures
- To complete toolbox talks to the teams
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Only undertaking work they are trained for unless they are supervised and in training for a specific task
- Carrying out Point of Work Risk Assessments and taking part in pre start briefings before commencing works
- Implementing safe work practices that adhere to Method Statements, Risk Assessments and COSHH asessments
- Wearing and maintaining task-appropriate PPE as stated in the relevant Method Statement and Risk assessment
- Reporting all near misses, incidents, accidents, unsafe acts and substandard conditions / materials to the Site Supervisor/ relevant parties immediately
- Confirming that a valid permit to work is in place prior to commencement of works
- Maintaining a clean and orderly site
- Keeping vehicles in a road-worthy condition, reporting any defects / accidents to the Site Supervisors and seeing that servicing is carried out at the specified intervals
- Fully understand site safety rules and Our Way of Working
- To develop and maintain relationships with Clients, Supply Chain, Manufacturers and Local Authorities etc, attending internal and external meetings as required, ensuring Client requirements in relation to delivery of the Contract are met.
- Address performance difficulties with team members. Identifies issues, provides training and support with the aim of resolving problems at the same time as communicating that poor performance is not sustainable.
- Utilise the skills and knowledge of all team members - encourage an environment of continuous improvement.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Enable resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of contracts
- Effective performance management of team to achieve individual and team goals;
- To ensure 100% completion performance reviews, and compliance in SMART goal plan setting and development plan setting across the team
- Working with HR Business Partner to improving feedback on SaY survey YoY
- Working with shared services hrDirect and Resourcing;
- Effective recruitment and induction and retention of team
- Ensure that all employee relations issues on the contract are managed efficiently and effectively
- Relevant CSCS Card (Gold)
- SMSTS certification
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- City & Guilds Construction Certificate
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.