Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
£42000 - £48000 per annum + car allowance
about 2 months ago
* To manage and be accountable for the safety and performance of the project placed under their control.
* To achieve the SHEQ, Programme and Commercial Targets set for projects under their control.
Health & Welfare, Safety, Environmental and Quality
* Ensure that the activities on the project under your control are managed in accordance with the company's Occupational Health and Safety Management System, Environmental Management System and Quality Management System. The Site Manager is accountable for the delivery of all business Management System requirements on site, supported by the SHEQ Manager and site teams.
* Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all staff, operatives, sub-contractors and others working on the project under your control.
* The Site Manager will ensure that all legal notices and requirements have been met prior to commencing any works (for example, completed F10, local authority notices in place, et cetera) consulting the SHEQ Manager wherever necessary.
* Ensure you have sufficient 'safe systems of work' in place for all tasks being undertaken on site, no matter how minor.
* There must be a minimum of a risk assessment in place for any element of work, but ordinarily a method statement should be completed. The method statement, associated risk and COSHH assessments (RAMS) will be completed in advance of the works and their contents agreed with the site management team.
* The RAMS should include for all SHEQ issues for the work element. RAMS are considered 'live' documents and, as such, should be updated/amended as works progress in agreement with the site and client teams.
* Report any accidents, incidents or unsafe working conditions to the SHEQ Manager and Contract Manager and ensure that the site rules are being adhered to by all personnel, at all times.
* It is your duty to ensure that all works are planned, documented and carried out in a healthy, safe, environmentally aware manner, with due regard to specified quality standards.
* Ensure that all records required by the company management systems are completed as required. The project SHEQ plans will indicate what job specific records and requirements are in place. You must familiarise yourself with these and ensure that the details are compiled/ completed. This may be delegated, but accountability remains with the Site Manager.
The Site Manager should:
* ensure that the site is correctly set up and resourced with personnel, welfare and security measures in place. The site should be tidy and promote a positive image of the Company.
* be accountable for the delivery of the project on time, to specification and within costs. They are also accountable for the performance of all personnel on the project under their control and must therefore be fully aware of the contractual obligations and requirements.
* ensure the site team are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities for the project.
* have a detailed understanding of the specification and drawings and that the site is working to the latest versions. Ensure the site engineering team are raising any necessary technical queries.
* ensure that all technical aspects of the works are communicated to the entire site team and liaise with the engineering team for advice wherever necessary.
* ensure that a suitable and sufficient programme has been established and monitor progress against this. The programme should be compiled with or by the Contract Manager, which should include outputs and resources. Targets for the workforce must be set and the programme challenged to see if it can be improved.
* ensure the programme is followed and updated regularly with any delays correctly recorded.
* produce regular progress reports as required which will be submitted for the client progress meetings.
* ensure team meetings are held regularly, every two weeks.
* ensure that labour requirements are agreed with the Contract Manager.
* ensure that plant requirements are agreed with the Contract Manager and organised via the Transport and Plant Managers. Ensure that the use of Company's assets are maximised.
* ensure that poor performance or misconduct is dealt with in accordance with the Disciplinary Policy. Any incidents of poor performance should be brought to the attention of the Contract Manager.
* ensure that all time sheets are completed accurately and are submitted promptly.
* complete any other duties placed on you by the Contracts Manager.