Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
To supervise plan and manage individual contract or contracts, manage and support the
management and workforce on technical, health and safety statutory requirements and to
monitor the implementation of the HS Carlsteel Safety Systems .To deliver the project or projects
to specification, on time and quality within the framework of the company`s contractual
obligations and other statutory requirements.
* Understands the technical requirements of the project
* Ensure all activities are carried out to the contract specification and technical requirements
* Contribute to regular project reports and project meetings where appropriate
* Instructs the installation teams responsible for undertaking the works in accordance with
technical requirements and specifications
* Support HS Carlsteel`s project management teams at progress meetings and other
* Agree technical requirements with clients in sufficient detail to allow work to be executed
* Carries out and assists with surveys, production of site sketches and drawings as may be
* Attend meetings with the Client on technical related matters.
* Ensures communication is sent, received and responded to in a timely manner
* Site Quality Lead
* Manage, monitor and evaluate all project work in accordance with its quality standards.
* Ensure best practice and continuous improvement in the company`s processes.
* Create and monitor ITP`s and site works control sheets
Health and Safety & Environmental
* Undertakes weekly audits ensuring compliance with safety management systems
* Conduct necessary tool box talks
* Manages COSHH and environmental records
* Support a healthy, safe and productive work environment
* Understand the requirements of the Company's safety policy and the application of the
Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare)
Regulations 2007 and other legislation relevant to the Company's operations.
* Ensures that all persons under their control are trained and competent to carry out their
jobs in a safe mannerEnsures that safe working and environmental practices are complied with.
* Takes measures to minimise waste and protect the environment.
* Ensures that arrangements are made to protect employees from risks associated with lone
* To make sure that control measures in place are at all times operable and not interfered
with and that personal protective equipment, where appropriate, is available and is used.
* To ensure that the location of fire extinguishers is known to employees and that they
understand the procedure to be followed in the event of a fire,
* To ensure that the location of first aid equipment and First Aiders are known to employees,
* To organise the workplace so that operations are carried out to a safe system of work,
resulting in there being a minimal risk to persons, equipment and materials
* Ensure that risk assessments have been undertaken prior to commencing work and that
those findings within Method Statements are formally briefed to employees.
* To plan and maintain a tidy working area, including safe access to and egress from the
work site and delivery onto and stacking of materials on site.
* To liaise with the client and other contractors on site and implement appropriate actions
on matters having a common health and safety concern
* Assist with valuations, advises on instructions from the client and changes, capture
information and advise the commercial team as necessary
* Produces record sheets and daily allocation sheets
* Ensures all site personnel are familiar with all QC\QA processes and operations are in
accordance with company procedures
* Support and prepare method statements and risk assessments and carries out any
* Ensure staff under their supervision understand their legal and company responsibilities
for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive work environment
* Confirm staff under their supervision understanding of and commitment to quality
assurance systems at regular intervals in line with company procedures
* Inform the line manager on a regular basis about any technical or related project risks
* Report all accidents and occurrences to the Project Manager/Director and/or the Quality
* Responsible for materials, plant, tools requisitions.
* Check staff certificates in date for validation and report same expiry date to line
* May be required to undertake On-Call as determined by the needs of the business
* This position will involve shift work including nights, days and weekends.
* Lead and direct the site workforce to complete all works as identified on the infrastructure.
* Work accordance with Network Rail Groups Standards, HE standards and Codes of Practice
➢ Proven and sound experience in an Engineering Position
➢ Proven experience in Construction
➢ SSSTS\SMSTS\PTS certificate.
➢ Technical qualifications ( Degree\HND Qualified).