Up to £0.00 per annum
24 days ago
Purpose and Scope:
The Site Manager for each Package is responsible for actively managing the site compounds and work areas for the LTC Phase 2 ground investigation, where AECOM will be acting in the capacity of Principal Contractor. Site compounds may constitute a main satellite compound, mini compounds and laydown areas, work areas constitute any areas of works being undertaken by the subcontractor outside of the compound areas.
The AECOM Site Manager will be responsible for the management of the Site Agent and Site Access Coordinator and report directly to the Package Leads.
The ground investigation subcontractor will have a counterpart site manager. On behalf of AECOM as the Principal Contractor, the Site Manager will ensure that the contractual requirements and CDM standards are always met by the ground investigation subcontractor and will remain responsible for all works being undertaken on the Package for its duration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
* Co-operate with the Package H&S Advisor and the H&S Team to encourage a good safety culture.
* Responsible for safety management of the project providing visible leadership for continuous improvement and innovation.
* Responsible for the implementation of the construction phase plan by AECOM and subcontractor staff, ensuring that all requirements are delivered by the package, highlighting where these standards are not being met and putting in place corrective actions.
* Ensure the implementation of any contractual and statutory health and safety requirements including work plant / equipment registers, PPE register, permit to work systems (separate from sub-contractor systems) with support from site personnel.
* As part of sub-contractor management, ensure the technical and health and safety review of all sub-contractor safety documentation, CSCS cards / training and inductions.
* Undertake regular Safety Management Observations using LifeGuard and iAuditor as appropriate with the support of the H&S Advisor and participates in regular site inspections, client site inspections and Director walk rounds.
* Report Incidents within AECOM using LifeGuard and iAuditor as appropriate. Ensure the timely reporting of any LTC Health and Safety requirements including timescales for any accident / incident reporting/ monthly sub-contractor SHE Reports, Project Dashboard.
* Coordinates, develops and /or conducts weekly safety meeting with sub-contractors and the H&S Advisor to review compliance, coordination, training, initiatives and feedback.
* Develop with the H&S Advisor, the site H&S communications requirements for the project and regular review of implementation, feedback and continual improvement.
* Lead the site regarding the implementation of agreed AECOM campaigns, initiatives, including behavioural awareness, at a site level and liaise with the H&S Advisor regarding progress and reporting.
* Support the H&S Advisor with accident investigations and assist in providing recommendations for corrective/preventive action.
* Ensure a Site Manager Health and Safety Inspection is completed weekly.
* Ensure that all audit and inspection actions raised against the Package are closed out within the required time period by those they have been assigned to.
* Hold a Daily Coordination Meeting attended by all senior sub-contracting staff & the AECOM site management staff to review the following days activities to allow the daily site briefing to be prepared.
* Ensure that all plant that is delivered to site is visually inspected by an AECOM member of staff to ensure that it is in suitable condition to be used on the project.
* Stop works on site where there is an immediate risk or harm.
* This is a full-time site role requiring at least 1hr/day in the field (outside of the site compound and site offices).
* Responsible for the accommodation, furnishings, services, equipment and vehicles used during the Ground Investigation, from the commencement date, until the removal at the end of the Site Operations
* Coordinate the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other personnel.
* Record any sort of nonconformity on site
* Review history of accidents and incidents, and prepares reports and recommendations as required. Reviews reports and presents corrective actions for specific situations identified
* Complete close out actions and reporting following incident investigations.
* Coordinate safety of the project, gives safety orientation, toolbox talks, H&S stand downs etc
* Interface with carriers, contractors and other safety professionals to direct and improve effectiveness of safety standards, codes and regulations at the site compounds.
* Assure the proper level of training for subcontractors and collates and check competency prior to start of work
* Supervise all sub-contractors and trades and assures the proper use of plant, equipment and vehicles.
* May be responsible for the coordination of the project drug-testing program.
* Degree in construction or civil engineering (or equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 2 years' experience in managing construction activities
* Have attended EPIC training (project specific H&S induction training)
* Asbestos awareness training
* CSCS card
* Full UK Driving Licence
* First aid (3 day course preferable)
* AECOM University site training modules.
To be located at the Chelmsford project co-location office or at once of the GI package site compounds.