West End, London
27 days ago
Site Manager , Contract, London (SW1Y 4PE)
To manage the Bradwell B site through the development phase of the project ensuring that BRB's day-to-day responsibilities and duties are discharged (including in our role as Principal Contractor for early site investigation and survey works).
To manage the development of Bradwell B's Site Management arrangements as we prepare for an increase in site activity in readiness for start of nuclear construction.
Independently responsible for the following work:
* Managing the Bradwell B Site taking day-to-day responsibility for and promoting excellent standards of health, safety, security and environmental management.
* Site management (including influencing, monitoring, recording and reporting of progress, risks and issues) and coordination of all work to be carried out on the site during the development phase of Bradwell B new nuclear construction project. These works include site investigation and survey, archaeological mitigation and enabling/ site preparation works.
* Develop suitable and sufficient site management systems for current works and play a key role in the determination of the integrated management system for overall project implementation (with a specific focus on control of site).
* Establish and maintain the Construction Phase Plan.
* Day to day facilities management (FM) of the Main Site establishment/ offices and any local project offices (e.g. Maldon High Street) including the specification and management of any relevant FM contracts.
* Lead the small site management team and manage site budgets.
* Build strong working relationships with local residents, landowners and stakeholders helping to build trust and transparency in the way we manage the site and in our wider reputation as responsible nuclear developer.
* Develop collaborative site working relationships with Contractors engaged by BRB's Project Managers to deliver the various projects.
* Work seamlessly with project teams and the wider BRB organisation and functions.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
* This is a key role in the Bradwell B project development team responsible for the management of a large site at the early stages of a nuclear new build project. The post holder must have significant site management/ construction experience across UK infrastructure/ energy sectors - particularly in the early phases of a project - with the confidence and capability to work autonomously and ability to develop systems and processes from scratch.
* To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
* Significant experience of managing a complex construction site on a high profile infrastructure project in a highly regulated environment.
* Expertise in construction site management and construction methodologies with strong knowledge of construction best practice across health, safety, security and environmental management.
* Confidence to challenge poor behaviours and drive the necessary behavioural culture
* CITB SMSTS and CSCS Black (Managers) Card. IOSH minimum with preference for NEBOSH level qualification.
* Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant subject and chartered members of a relevant institute (or able to demonstrate equivalent professional experience).
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to build strong working relationships, influence others and work collaboratively.
* Demonstrable experience and capability in external managing stakeholders.
* Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail