£26 - £28.50 per day
about 1 year ago
Site Manager - Barnoldswick - Contract - 6 months
To work within 1 hour of Barnoldswick based on a construction site with a key client who specialise in Aerospace and Car Manufacturing works. My client are a leading specialist within their field of OCnstruction and require a Site Manager for a minimum 6 month period which may result in an extension of the contract or a Permanent solution.
Day to day Duties:
* Day to day management of operations on site, working with the senior management to ensure that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
* Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
* Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager
on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as
* Liaise with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager to ensure adequate
labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed
* Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
* Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all
equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained
* Fulfil the role of Temporary Works supervisor on the project.
* Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done
so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement
* Effectively communicate with the Design Team to ensure the timely release of
* Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective
management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged,
on target in line with the master programme.
* Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with
specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as
* Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational
* Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager and
Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and
Confirmation of Instructions.
* Organise and chair weekly review meetings with sub-contractors
* Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare
responsibilities as detailed in the Company's Policy
* Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company's Site Waste
Minimisation & Management Policy.
* Maintain quality and environmental control
* Maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours
as well as any other stakeholders.
* Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and
products to enhance the business and fulfil company CPD requirements
* Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
* Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
* Support pre-construction team during tender stages including mid bids a
A candidate with a knowledge and experience of being within a Main contractor environment along with a knowledge of Building Services and M&E installations a MUST! A trade background is preferable and must have SMSTS, 1st AID, CSCS - Gold/Black and a keen enthusiasm for Health and Safety and implementing this on site.
If you wish to be considered for the role please forward your CV or call 01617071515 to discuss further.
Your application will be reviewed within 3 working days and you will be contacted if successful.