£45 - £50 per hour
3 months ago
Working directly with our client at their site the successful candidate will prepare the installation and transition documentation for designated primary, secondary or combined primary and secondary integration work packages throughout the asset replacement period required as part of the Technical Solutions required on Project Marshall. Once installation is completed the required handover documentation will be produced and submitted to all interested parties.
The key scope of this role is to prepare, produce and seek approval for the documentation required for our installation teams to commence a primary surveillance radar, secondary surveillance radar or combined primary and secondary surveillance radar integration installation task at a MOD airfield. Once the installation is completed, the required installation handover material/documentation will also need to be produced so we can successfully transition these new assets to the MOD and the end user for future maintenance.
The successful candidate will receive an induction that will include meeting our on-site installation teams and briefing on the required documentation to be produced. Some documentation has been produced for the sites where we have already started installation and transition activities, however as more radar surveillance sites are scheduled for the remaining years of the contract, so more resources are required for the installation, planning and handover phases.
The post holder will primarily be office based in Whiteley, Hampshire but will be required to attend off site locations as required in order to carry out detailed survey and subsequent design.
* Plan and document the radar surveillance equipment installation activities to ensure the site installation start timescales are achieved in accordance with our client's delivery schedule.
* Where required, carry out site surveys as part of the installation preparation to ensure that our radar surveillance installations can meet the SCIDA requirements as detailed in JSP 604, Leaflet 4800. Where installations cannot meet these requirements SCIDA will need to be consulted and a risk assessment produced and approved.
* Produce the following documentation as part of the clients radar surveillance installation preparation activities:
SCIDA Engineering Change Request Part 1/2 Certificate
SCIDA Detailed Design Document
Site Design Pack as per Solution Check Lists ensuring integration between all
Technical Solutions are considered in the design
* Assist our clients Programme Manager with the installation and transition resource planning for all sites where our client carries out installation and transition activities.
* Once the installation is completed, assist the our clients onsite installation team with producing the following handover documentation:-
SCIDA Engineering Change Request Part 4 - Installation 'as built' Drawings
Site Acceptance Pack - A Check list that points to all the documentation required for the end user to support the installed equipment through the life of the contract e.g. 'As built' drawings, equipment supplier documentation, health and safety file, bill of materials, etc.
* Due to the document deliverables provided by this role, this individual will need to build a close working relationship with our onsite installation teams, engineering staff and SCIDA site engineers.
* It would be advantageous if the candidate held, as a minimum, a HNC (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering related discipline and preferably have experience of producing installation designs for equipment within operational airfield environments, civil or military.
* It is essential for the candidate to have knowledge and experience of the working with the design of S-Band, L-Band surveillance systems and supporting power and communications infrastructure. It would also be advantageous for the candidate to have knowledge and understanding in ATC communication and surveillance systems, surveillance display processors and support information systems.
* A demonstrable understanding of ATC operations including SIDs, STARs, SRA and other airspace management procedures and awareness of NAVAIDS capabilities at either civilian or military airfields would be an advantage.
* The post holder must have effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information accurately and succinctly to customers and suppliers who may not have the same level of operational engineering understanding.
* The applicant must be able to use Microsoft Visio Competently.
* Good inter-personal skills to ensure the customer and the other members of the project team are kept up to date with progress and any issues that arise whilst the preparation for the installation activities are taking place.